READY FOR NEW YEAR GUITAR LESSONS FOR YOUR CHILD?
You can set up a meeting to visit and have a free mini-lesson. Contact us at (512) 452-8765 or Email: Childbloom@aol.com.
WE HAVE 3 TEACHING LOCATIONS:
• Central Austin – 4000 Medical Parkway (Near Central Market)
• Round Rock – 200-A Northwest Dr. (Near 79 and N. Mays).
• Northwest Austin – Plaza Cortez – 13276 US-183 Suite 201, (Anderson Mill Rd. & 183)
• Hours: until about 8 pm., Monday-Friday. Home-schoolers a bit earlier in the day. We will try hard to organize a class with you in mind. We need to know when you and your child are available.
• We have five certified and experienced Childbloom Instructors on staff.
• We teach our guitar lessons in small groups, minimum 2 kids per groups – maximum 4. Private lessons are available.
• Our beginning groups are actually BETTER THAN PRIVATE LESSONS IN SUSTAINING A CHILD’S INTEREST! Why? The Childbloom groups are great for developing ensemble skills, peers who share an interest and are in tune with a child’s attention span and learning capacity. Our classes actually IMPROVE the retention of the student’s interest. Students are grouped according to age and experience level. The Childbloom classes have been called ”learning in a positive, low-pressure environment” by leading child psychologist, Dr. Harold Grotevant.
• Most of our students are beginners. Come arrange a visit and a free mini-lesson. If your child has had lessons with a non-Childbloom teacher we can determine his or her level of skill with a visit. We don’t mind spending time letting you get to know us since music education is a life-long endeavor.
If your child has a friend (or sibling) who wishes to join the class, let us know. This makes scheduling easier and quicker. But a good Childbloom class, at a time convenient for your schedule, ensures the maximum skill development for your child.
Guitar Lessons For Children in Austin & Round Rock
”What is the cost of the guitar lessons?”
There is a $35 enrollment fee per family into the Austin/Round Rock Childbloom Guitar Program.
When you enroll we give you 3 things:
1) An accomplished, trained and experienced educator.
2) The initial learning materials for home use. These may last from 3 to 18 months depending on the age and learning pace of the student.
3) A subscription to The Childbloom Monthly Newsletter that includes contests for the students, local events, extra music and articles about raising a musical child.
Tuition is $86/month for the class. The Childbloom Guitar program is one of the most affordable entrances into private music education in the Austin/Round Rock area. And judging from the quality of our students’ skills (see below) and achievements, we are also the most effective.
Siblings are 1/2 price! For a family with two kids in the program, the cost is $129 per month. For three kids, $172/mo. (About 25% of our families have more than one child in the program.)
Private guitar lessons are generally $129 per month for all Instructors. (For private guitar lessons with Director/Founder, Kevin Taylor please call for requirements.)
Experience what great music education and great skill development can mean for your child and your family culture. We’re scheduling for lessons now. So give us a call.
We are proud that for over 35 years Childbloom has been an important part of hundreds of children’s lives in Austin & Round Rock. We are honored by this trust.
What style of music is best to learn?
Research confirms what our 36 years of experience tells us: that young children are ”open-eared.” They have the preferences that they learn. But all kids like what they can do. Period. That is why we believe it is important to teach a skill of playing that maximizes the child’s ability, growth of sensitivity, and musicality. The Childbloom Method does just that. Our students will experience playing many different styles of music in our curriculum – folk, blues, world music, rock & classical. When their style preferences develop they will have plenty of ability and musical sensitivity to pursue their musical dreams.
Check out the videos below and this 11-year old ”Childbloom Rocker”. Here is a world-class youth classical player giving an award-winning performance at the most prestigious guitar competition in the world.
We teach music literacy. The ability to read music opens up the entire world of music to the student. Childbloom students learn to read music naturally with our specialized and proven curriculum. Too many kids who really want to learn guitar take lessons at the local rock shop for months and never learn to even play a complete song or develop long-term skill. Beware of the music programs that teach through ”tab” or guitar teachers who cannot read music. Why limit your child’s education with inferior systems and illiterate teachers? Our students learn how to read music in the context of fun, story and group playing. This is one of the ”secrets” of the Childbloom system. We hope your child can be a part of the learning.
Getting the right instrument: What you should know.
It is very important that your child have an appropriate guitar! We recommend the correct sized nylon-string guitar. We now carry the appropriate-sized guitars at an affordable price! You don’t have to purchase your instrument from us.
If you are worried about what to get, please consult with us before you buy. Here are some things to know:
• Children will outgrow their instrument – like everything else. But an old instrument can be be sold as used. The market price for a used one is about 30-60% of the full retail value of a new one. So the real cost isn’t as great as first glance. We can help you sell that used one, also.
• The best brands of guitars for children (as of Spring of 2018) in Austin/Round Rock/Georgetown area are: Cordoba (4 fractionally sized), Yamaha (3 fractionally sized), Luna & Strunal (5 sizes). There may be others. That is what we strongly recommend for the high-skill technique that we teach the children. The price is roughly from $120 to $230.
• New models pop up in the marketplace occasionally, so if you see one and want us to check it out, call us. We don’t recommend the kiddie pink and blue guitars in the department stores. Those instruments are also outgrown in a few lessons. We are serious about cultivating your child’s talent and a life-long love of music. You should invest in a higher quality instrument (they are not that expensive). Its well worth it. Don’t know which to buy? Contact us. We want to help you find one.
The highest cost of music education
We know that kids learn best when their parents are involved in that learning. We want a parent to be present in the guitar lessons with the child. You need to know the details of what your child is learning; the goals for the week, the technical aspects that the child can’t see from his or her viewpoint and help encourage practice in an effective way. That involvement will change as the child matures. Parental involvement has been a key ingredient to the success of the students in our program from age 5 -18. This will be the the highest cost – YOUR time, attention and commitment. It will will provide the greatest return in value to your child. More than you can imagine.
We are music educators first! Some parents seek out professional performers as teachers. who often end up being more concerned with their performing careers than their students. That doesn’t happen in Childbloom. We gauge our success by our student’s ability – and, judging by the enormous list of awards our students have achieved, the Austin-Round Rock Childbloom Program is one of the most successful guitar programs for children in the world!
If you would like to imagine what learning a high-skill technique could mean to your child, watch some of our Austin/Round Rock students play in the videos on this page. We encourage you to compare these to the student videos offered by the local competing music studios. It is our great teachers who have made Childbloom such a popular program among local families. It is our great students who have made Childbloom a nationally recognized program among musicians.
Watch Childbloom Guitar Program Students
Here is 17-year old Avi Medina performing a Baroque tune at her lesson. Avi began her lessons at age 11 in Round Rock. She sang in her high school choir and is accomplished at other styles of music also. She has won numerous awards at guitar competitions and recently graduated from North Texas State University.
Here is a focused, young 7-year old proudly playing ”Greenleeves.” She is nine now and says ”Greensleeves” is ”easy.”
Here is young Jonah playing his favorite tune (for now, anyway). Because he can read music so well, he played in our Chiara Stella guitar ensemble group, also.
This is 10 year old Linden playing an old Irish tune. He is now a member of Austin Bella Corda, the Childbloom award-winning guitar ensemble.
Here is an 13 year-old Childbloom student. He radiates joy and intensity in his musical accomplishment. This was a recent performance in Round Top, Tx. He is now 16 and is the best young player his age in the USA!
A Here is a 16-year old who began his Childbloom lessons in Austin at age 7. He began winning competitions at age 11 and was one of nine graduating Childbloom students who have appeared on the NPR radio show ”From The Top.” He graduated from UT as a guitar performance major and attended Yale University on a full scholarship. He will receive his Masters degree in Guitar performance in 2018. This tune is just cookin’!
A 14-year old who began his Childbloom lessons in Round Rock for his 6th birthday: He was another multi-competition winner. After seeing this video an anonymous donor sent him a concert guitar.