Phone: (512) 452 - 8765
Guitar Lessons For Children in Austin & Round Rock
• N. Austin • Round Rock • NW Austin Call for information at 512-452-8765 Children don’t have to be talented to learn music. Children learn music to be talented! View the Childbloom Christmas Guitar Choir in their recent performance in the Texas Capital Rotunda. The player were from 8 to 16 years old. They all read music. The Childbloom Guitar Program for kids 5 and up has been THE leader in introducing young people to music through the guitar since it was developed in Austin & Round Rock in 1980. Our teachers are specialists in teaching young people. We now have students we have taught bringing their children to us for music lessons. Why? Because of the happy memories they have of learning music through the guitar in Childbloom when they were kids. The expert and award-winning teachers in the Childbloom Guitar Program share the mission in bringing the value of music into the lives of children. All our teachers are vetted and thoroughly trained before they enter the class room. CHILDBLOOM is the only guitar curriculum based on child-development and music education research in existence. The Childbloom Program will work for your child! Childbloom students develop their talent and become the highest skilled young guitarists in the area (check out some of our students’ videos here). We have many happy references from parents. Call us to find out more or schedule a visit. If you wish to know more about Childbloom’s music education for children, the easiest way is to call us at (512) 452-8765. Our phone hours are from 9 am-3 pm Monday-Saturday. Or call after hours and leave a message when we can call you back. You can always email your specific questions (and we will give you specific answers) at: firstname.lastname@example.org. But we’d like to talk to you. We consider it an honor to introduce your child to music. Childbloom does it right. Check out The Childbloom Guitar Program Facebook page.
• N. Austin • Round Rock • NW Austin
Call for information at 512-452-8765
Children don’t have to be talented to learn music. Children learn music to be talented!
View the Childbloom Christmas Guitar Choir in their recent performance in the Texas Capital Rotunda. The player were from 8 to 16 years old. They all read music.
The Childbloom Guitar Program for kids 5 and up has been THE leader in introducing young people to music through the guitar since it was developed in Austin & Round Rock in 1980. Our teachers are specialists in teaching young people. We now have students we have taught bringing their children to us for music lessons. Why? Because of the happy memories they have of learning music through the guitar in Childbloom when they were kids.
The expert and award-winning teachers in the Childbloom Guitar Program share the mission in bringing the value of music into the lives of children. All our teachers are vetted and thoroughly trained before they enter the class room. CHILDBLOOM is the only guitar curriculum based on child-development and music education research in existence. The Childbloom Program will work for your child! Childbloom students develop their talent and become the highest skilled young guitarists in the area (check out some of our students’ videos here). We have many happy references from parents. Call us to find out more or schedule a visit.
If you wish to know more about Childbloom’s music education for children, the easiest way is to call us at (512) 452-8765. Our phone hours are from 9 am-3 pm Monday-Saturday. Or call after hours and leave a message when we can call you back. You can always email your specific questions (and we will give you specific answers) at: email@example.com. But we’d like to talk to you. We consider it an honor to introduce your child to music. Childbloom does it right.
Check out The Childbloom Guitar Program Facebook page.
Childbloom Guitar Program - Austin/Round Rock
Main office/teaching studios:
1) 200-A Northwest Drive – Round Rock, TX 78664
Other Childbloom teaching Studios:
2) 4000 Medical Pkwy.,#200, – Austin, TX 78756
3) Suite 201, 13276 N Hwy 183 – Austin, TX 78750
Phone: (512) 452-8765
”At 3+ years in the Program I recently asked my daughter (11 yrs. old) why she likes guitar. Her response was, ”I like to be able to do something that not a lot of kids can do and I like to show that skill off.”
Steve Ortiz – Round Rock
”My lesson involvement and The Childbloom Newsletter has increased my understanding of my daughter’s needs, abilities and development. She has progressed from never having played a guitar, to being an accomplished eager musician. This has been a dream come true for my 10 year old daughter and me. Thanks!”
”This has been the best experience! Our son’s time at Childbloom has really been beneficial. He has now expanded the number of instruments he plays as a result. Adam [our teacher] is highly effective.”
Bill & Julia Campbell – Round Rock
“Mr. Taylor has a gift for putting kids at ease immediately. He is also very talented at sizing up strengths and weaknesses and offering constructive criticism accordingly.” Angela Petersen
“Kevin Taylor is the best music educator I have ever seen.” Jeff Comas, Director, Allied Music Teachers, Knoxville
View Childbloom Austin Locations in a larger map
”The Childbloom program is the most effective pedagogical curriculum I know…I have consistently witnessed outstanding young guitarists who where not only musically superior in their ensemble / chamber music skills, but also fabulous soloists! Several have in fact, have been awarded generous scholarships to study at prestigious courses abroad. They are regularly featured on the NPR syndicated radio show, ”From the Top,” and receive scholarships to prestigious music schools throughout the USA!
The young artists trained in the Childbloom program are a step ahead of their peers in my opinion” John McClellan, Author, Producer, Guitarist and Professor of Music, Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri.
Scheduling: ”When are the lessons?”
We have openings for new students and classes of all ages in all locations. We have plenty of availability in Round Rock and the Central Austin studio, now.
• Our teaching times are from after school until about 8 pm., Monday-Friday. We try to schedule home-schoolers earlier in the day if desired. We will try hard to organize a class with you in mind. We need to know when you are available.
• We have four certified and experienced Childbloom Instructors on staff. There are three main sites: Central Austin, Round Rock, & Northwest Austin.
• We normally teach our guitar lessons in small groups, minimum 2 kids per groups – maximum 4. Our beginning groups are actually BETTER THAN PRIVATE LESSONS! Why? The Childbloom groups are great for developing ensemble skills, peers who share an interest and improvement of individual long-term motivation. Some kids are also motivated by competition. We group the students according to age and experience level. The Childbloom classes have been called ”learning in a positive, low-pressure environment” by leading child psychologist, Dr. Harold Grotevant. Our classes actually IMPROVE the retention of the student’s interest. 98% of all our entering students are beginners. If your child has experience with a non-Childbloom teacher we then will organize an assessment lesson to see where he or she can be placed in the curriculum. Come visit. Bring your child and get familiar with the studio environment. Meet a teacher. Take a free mini-lesson! We don’t mind spending time getting to know you since music education is a life-long endeavor.
• Because of our small-group structure and our modern lifestyle, scheduling is often the most difficult part. If your child has a friend (or sibling) who wishes to join the class, let us know. This makes scheduling easier and quicker. But a good Childbloom class, at a time convenient for your schedule, is sure worth any wait!
”What is the cost of the guitar lessons?”
• There is a $35 enrollment fee per family into the Austin/Round Rock Childbloom Guitar Program.
When you enroll we give you 3 things:
1) The initial learning materials. This allows the student to work at home, play along and hear excellent musical examples of what he or she is learning.
2) A subscription to The Childbloom Monthly Newsletter which helps parents deal with the many ups and downs of motivation that will occur in the musical education process. It also has local events and contests your child can participate in. Contests are geared to every skill level. All Childbloom students are eligible for these competitions and awards.
3) And an accomplished, trained and experienced educator.
• Tuition is $82/month for the group class.
Check around, the Childbloom Guitar program is one of the most affordable entrances into private music education in the Austin/Round Rock area. And judging from the quality of our students’ skills (see below) and achievements, we are also the best.
• Siblings are 1/2 price! So for a family with two kids in the program, the cost is $123 per month. For three kids, $164/mo.
• Private lessons are generally $123 per month for all Instructors.
• Private tuition for Director/Founder, Kevin Taylor is higher and students must commit to practicing a minimum time per week.
Experience what great music education and great guitar lessons for your child can mean for your family culture. We’re scheduling for Summer lessons now, so call us now to ensure a spot.
What style of music is best to learn?
Child-development and music education research tell us that children are not born with any preference for musical style. Children are ”open-eared.” They like what they can do. Period. That is why we believe it is important to teach a high-skill method of playing that maximizes the child’s ability, growth of sensitivity, and musicality – even for the adolescent. The Childbloom Method does just that. Our students will experience playing many different styles of music in our curriculum – folk, blues, world music, rock & classical. When their style preferences develop they will have plenty of skill and musical sensitivity to pursue their musical dreams. Check out the videos below and this 11-year old ”Childbloom Rocker” .
We teach literacy. The ability to read music opens up the entire world of music to the student. Too many kids who really want to learn guitar take lessons at the local rock shop for months and never learn to even play a complete song or develop long-term skill. Beware of the music programs that teach through ”tab” or guitar teachers who cannot read music. Why limit your child’s education with inferior systems and illiterate teachers? Childbloom students learn to read music naturally with our specialized and proven curriculum. It is done in the context of fun, story and group playing. This is one of the ”secrets” of the Childbloom system. We hope your child can be a part of the learning.
Getting the right instrument: What you should know.
• It is very important that your child have an appropriate guitar on which to learn. We recommend the correct sized nylon-string guitar.
There are MANY reasons for this. Please call us for recommendations (512-452-8765) before you purchase one. We try to keep abreast of what the good instruments are and where you can get them close to you. We know that kids learn best and can grow motivation and skill on an instrument that best fits them, plays well and sounds good. Please consult with us before you buy.
• Children will outgrow their instrument. But an old instrument can be be sold as used. The market price for a used one is about 30-60% of the full retail value of a new one. We can help you sell that used one, also.
• The best brands of guitars for children (as of Spring of 2016) in Austin/Round Rock area are: Cordoba (4 fractionally sized), Strunal (5 fractionally sized), Yamaha (3 fractionally sized) , & Amigo (two sizes). There may be others. That is what we strongly recommend for the high-skill technique that we teach the children. The price is roughly from $120 to $230.
New models pop up in the marketplace occasionally, so if you see one and want us to check it out, call us. Beware of the pink and blue children’s guitars in the department stores. They do not tune well, are not set up well (they often buzz or are hard to play) and break more easily. Those instruments are also outgrown in a few lessons. We are serious about cultivating your child’s talent and a life-long love of music. You should invest in a higher quality instrument (they are not that expensive). Its well worth it. Don’t know which to buy? Contact us. We can help you find one.
The highest cost of music education
We know that parents must be involved in the child’s musical growth. We ask that a parent to be present in the lesson with the child. You need to know the details of what your child is learning; the goals for the week, the technical aspects that the child can’t see from his or her viewpoint and help encourage practice in an effective way. The quality of that involvement will change as the child matures. Parental involvement has been a key ingredient to the success of the students in our program from age 5 -18. This is going to be the the highest cost – YOUR time, attention and commitment. It will will provide the greatest return in value to your child. More than you can imagine.
We are music educators first! Some parents seek out professional performers as teachers. who often end up being more concerned with their performing careers than their students. That doesn’t happen in Childbloom. We gauge our success by our student’s ability – and, judging by the enormous list of awards our students have achieved, the Austin-Round Rock Childbloom Program is one of the most successful guitar programs for children in the world!
If you would like to imagine what learning a high-skill technique could mean to your child, watch some of our Austin/Round Rock students play in the following videos. We encourage you to compare these to the student videos offered by the local competing music studios. It is our students who have made Childbloom a nationally recognized program.
Here is 17-year old Avi Medina performing a Baroque tune at her lesson. Avi began her lessons at age 11 in Round Rock. She likes singing in her high school choir and is accomplished at other styles of music also. She has won numerous awards at guitar competitions and attends North Texas State University.
Here is a focused, young 7-year old proudly playing ”Greenleeves.” She is nine now and says ”Greensleeves” is ”easy.” She recently joined one of our performing ensembles.
Here is young Jonah playing his favorite tune (for now, anyway). He played in one of our guitar ensemble groups, also.
This is 10 year old Linden playing an old Irish tune. He is a member of Chiara Stella Guitar Ensemble.
Here is an 13 year-old Childbloom student. He radiates joy and intensity in his musical accomplishment. This was a recent performance in Round Top, Tx.
A Here is a 16-year old who began his Childbloom lessons in Austin at age 7. He began winning competitions at age 11 and was one of nine graduating Childbloom students who have appeared on the NPR radio show ”From The Top.” He now attends UT and is a guitar performance major. This tune is just cookin’!
A 14-year old who began his Childbloom lessons in Round Rock for his 6th birthday: He was another multi-competition winner. After seeing this video an anonymous donor gave him a concert guitar that he still plays today.
With the Childbloom Guitar Program you can give your child a gift that can’t be broken, lost or outgrown! Contact us today – 512-452-8765 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childbloom Performance Groups
Many of the Childbloom Guitar Programs involve their students in performance groups that regularly play in the community. Childbloom groups throughout the country regularly perform for hospitals, retirement centers, schools, libraries and offices. In 2010 we even took a group to Europe! Wouldn’t you like your children to make this valuable outreach part of their lives? This is part of the Childbloom spirit. Come join us!